Monday, July 8, 2013

Project Postcard: 50 States







Last night after having a "goal setting session" with my soon to be 3rd grader I started brainstorming my own educational goals. Of course I think 98% of education should be fun and 2% busy work. One goal I have is to do a "50 states" study. I thought well wouldn't it be fun to ask all my Facebook friends to send us a postcard from their state. Study each state as the postcards come in, and build a wall as a visual with them all. Long time face book friend Alora said "I'm going to steal this" and she is going to do it to. I think it would be great for all homeschoolers who plan to study the 50 states to do the same..and of course blog about it

Is it wrong that in my head fight club quotes keep popping up in my head when I say "project postcard" lol

So far we have promises of postcards from Florida, Indiana, Oregon, Connecticut, Iowa, and Missouri. I will post our progress and how we used the postcards in our studies.

We of course will learn capitols, birds, flowers etc. And of course foods, like Hershey bars for Pittsburgh etc.

After thought being I should of asked the senders to put come cool state fact information on them.

If you'd like to send us a postcard from your state I just ask for a basic touristy postcards with the state name on front. Drop me an email and I will send our address.

No comments:

Post a Comment